- Improved cash flow management by removing, the obligation to pay VAT or import duty at the same time as goods are physically transported into Greece you can meet your import tax obligations closer to the time you sell the goods.
- Improved cash flow also by storing In the Free Zone goods without paying import VAT, excise duty or import duty ( including CAP agricultural changes) until you remove the goods or released for free circulation.
- Free Zones can help you also manage the process of importing goods more effectively and/or improve cash flow.
- You can improve your cash flow. Community goods may be put in Free Zones, in order to benefit from Community legislation governing export refunds or repayment of import duties and VAT refund even if actual export procedure will take place on later stage (i.e. no VAT is charged by the supplier in respect of those goods at triagonal transactions).
- Deferred payment: Α general provision exists under the deferred payment scheme for deferment of payment of VAT and import duty to the 15th day of the month following the month in which VAT becomes due. It is a direct debit system and requires the lodgment of the guarantee and compliance with the conditions of the scheme.